z/OS Enterprise Manager
z/OS ENTERPRISE STORAGE MANAGEMENT
Universal Data Manager (UDM) is a unique, state-of-the-art, solution for managing an organization’s z/OS Storage at an Enterprise Level, including, Tape Robots and Tape Catalogs, DFSMShsm, CA-Disk, ICF Catalogs, DASD Volumes, DFSMS objects, Spool data and other related objects. The overall ease of installation and automated analysis provides the controls, information, and reporting needed to manage the dynamics of modern Storage environments.
Key Features in UDM
Enterprise Level Management
Using the GUI interface, a user has access to all Systems in their Enterprise from a single window and no longer has to logon to each System or Sysplex to perform tasks.
- UDM can run requests on multiple Systems in parallel.
- Output from any request is returned to a single GUI window.
Command and JCL Management
Management of Commands and JCL is now at the Enterprise level, rather than each user having their own sample JCL or Command libraries on each System.
- UDM provides the facility to create Enterprise level Command or JCL decks stored in a single location.
- Variables can be used to ensure generic Commands or JCL decks can be created.
- Commands or JCL decks can be submitted to one or more systems in a single request.
- Command output is returned from all selected systems in a single GUI window.
- Submitted JCL is monitored via the Enterprise level Spool Management facility that allows viewing the status and output from any submitted JCL.
Simple yet Comprehensive Reporting
Reports using SQL filtering are generated, saved, and submitted to multiple Systems/Sysplexes in a single request, and output from all systems is returned in a single GUI window.
- Powerful Group and Sum features allow users to generate summary reports, for example, usage by High Level Qualifier.
- Drill down technology allows mining down to the lowest level. For example, if displaying Storage groups, a user can then list the volumes and then the datasets on the Volume, or when displaying datasets, show details of the management class assigned to a selected dataset.
- Export facilities allow users to easily offload the data to Excel, CSV files or Web pages via HTML.
- Integration with the Command and JCL Management features allow importing data from a report into a Command or JCL skeleton and then submitting the generated Command or JCL for processing.
Integrated Automation and Monitoring
Powerful Message trapping and scheduling features ensure the ability to automate Storage management, as required.
- Message trapper allows actions to be taken when z/OS console messages occur. Actions include submitting of commands or JCL or the running of Reports.
- Scheduler allows users to instigate actions at specific times or when Jobs end. Actions include submitting of Commands or JCL or the running of Reports.
- Out of the box, pre-defined Message traps and Schedules minimize any customization, ensuring a pre-defined Storage automation environment is available as soon as the product is installed.
Quick and Easy Installation
The quick and simple installation process ensures obtaining the benefits of powerful UDM features in minutes rather than weeks:
- Streamlined Host installation process means a user simply download the product libraries, create the parameter library (which requires only five parameters), and start the UDM Server on each system to be managed.
- GUI installation process requires only that the GUI files are simply copied to a folder available to all Users of the GUI.
Unlike existing offerings, UDM integrates into an existing security setup. Just having a RACF TSO userid on the required system controls and permits access to UDM.
- Commands can only be issued if the RACF TSO userid used to log into UDM has the authority.
- JCL is submitted with the authority of the RACF TSO userid used to log into UDM.
- Facilities within UDM are controlled via RACF Facility class profiles.
New Features with UDM 2.3
Volume Initialization Wizard
Extended Object Automation
T-REX is a mainframe utility to analyze, diagnose, report, backup and repair clusters and ICF (Integrated Catalog Facility) components in a z/OS environment. T-REX was built from the ground up to incorporate the latest features and functions, making it superior to the other conglomeration of old technology in this particular […]Read More
VELOCI-Raptor (VR) is an intelligent, intuitive, performance optimization tool designed to dramatically improve system performance while significantly reducing system overhead by automating tuning activities. VR assists IT departments in meeting increased service level demands and helping manage growing workloads. VR reduces overhead by optimally allocating buffers for VSAM and non-VSAM files […]Read More
MERGECAT FOR OPEN DATASETS – TERADON is an MVS utility for moving BCS entries from one ICF catalog to another. TERADON can perform its function whether the associated datasets are CLOSED or OPEN. The major differences between IBM’s REPRO MERGECAT and TERADON are: TERADON can perform the REPRO MERGECAT process significantly faster. […]Read More
RealTime Defrag (RTD) provides automatic and easily controlled z/OS DASD volume maintenance for the 24×7 operating environment, without the disruption to production schedules which legacy defrag and volume maintenance products engender, and with high throughput due to its advanced multiple address space architecture. Today the availability and reliability of your […]Read More
REORGadon (HSM/R) is a tool to address the problems and restrictions associated with batch reorganization of IBM’s Hierarchical Storage Manager (DFSMShsm) control data sets (CDS) and small data set packing data sets (SDSP). REORGadon provides HSM control data set or SDSP reorganization while the files are active and online to HSM, and […]Read More
XTINCT 5.1 z/OS Secure Data Delete is a tool for wiping data from DASD and Tape to ensure the original data is unrecoverable. In addition to providing a complete audit trail and comprehensive reports to satisfy regulators, XTINCT surpasses NIST guidelines for cleaning and purging data. XTINCT satisfies all federal and international […]Read More
HSM Adminisaurus (HSA) is a consolidated DFSMShsm management tool for the novice or the expert that provides extensive reporting, comprehensive auditing, in-depth processing analysis, and simplified administrative functions to help you establish and maintain a healthy HSM environment. HSA allows proactive management to maximize storage utilization, optimize physical resources, and […]Read More
DINO-Software develops enterprise-wide, multi-platform solutions for the optimization of complex IT environments. In 2002, DINO-Software released their vanguard product, T-REX and quickly established themselves as specialists within the z/OS mainframe tech-space. DINO-Software products include VSAM record management, catalog, storage management, and disaster recovery. DINO technologists have, over the course of […]Read More